Thursday, January 7, 2010

TIme for an Update!



Wow, I have really been slacking on my blog lately. This whole 2 kids thing is harder than I thought. Gwen is almost 5 months old and I still don't feel like I know how to juggle two very well. It seems like everyday I'm feeling guilty for neglecting one child more than the other...how did my parents ever do 5 kids??

Tate is going to be 3 years old next week! I have been telling him that on his birthday he has to give his binkies (yes, he uses two and sometimes three at a time) to the garbage man. Everytime we mention his birthday now, you can see the panic in his eyes and he says, "when I'm 3 I have to throw away my binkies?" It could be a very traumatic day. In addition to binky weaning, we are also working on the potty training, let me just say 3 is not one of my favorite ages.
Gwen is one of the smiliest babies I have ever seen. No matter how tired or hungry she is all you have to do is make eye contact with her and she gives you the biggest smile on the planet. She has a way of making just about anyone feel good about themselves. She is quite the little noise maker as well. For only being 11 pounds she sure can yell. She is really starting to show her personality and I think she is going to be a little spitfire. Tate was so calm and peaceful, but Gwen is spunky and wirey. I have always said I thought she was an old spirit stuck in this little newborn body. From the very day she was born she was wide-eyed and talking, like she wanted to jump up and start running around and tell us all about what has been going on. I can't wait to see the person she becomes.


Life is good, and Paul and I know how blessed we are. We have a stable job, two healthy kids, and a roof over our heads. What more could we ask for?

3 comments:

Stephers said...

Love the pics. It was so fun to see you guys at the Christmas party this year. Thanks for letting me hold Gwen... nothing better than holding such a sweet little peanut :) Tate is so cute and he was so much fun to watch that night. I hear you on the binki thing.. we got a bunch of balloons and sent the binki's up to heaven so that Heavenly Father could watch over them for Drew... We say that he is holding them for the next baby to come to our home :) He really liked watching them float away and waving to them... Anyway, love the update.

Bonnie said...

I totally know how you feel about wanting to spend more time with each of them. It is hard when you have more than one. That is the funniest picture with Tate and his binkies. So cute!!

amelia and crew said...

LOVE the binky picture. That picture will be priceless in years to come. I'm willing to vouch about the smiley baby comment. I love how she smiles at anything and everything. Cute cute cute!