Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A day FULL of broken glass!!


I realize I haven't posted in awhile and I hate to have the first post back be a negative one, but I just have to share my horrible day.

It started off with me running to the store early in the morning to buy stuff for a salad I was making for playgroup. I got the kids up and out the door by 8am and had Tate dropped off by 10 to play. I came home and started cutting things up for the salad. I noticed my knife was a little dull so I sharpened it and proceeded to cut things up. Just then I caught my thumb and middle finger at the same time with the knife. Blood EVERYWHERE! I hurried put some Band-Aids on and finished the salad. It was a beautiful chinese chicken salad if I do say so myself. I got Gwen in the car and came back in to grab the salad out of the fridge. As I was pulling the bowl out it fell and shattered all over the floor. SERIOUSLY this salad was not meant to be. I was almost ready to scoop it all up into another bowl until I realized just how many pieces the other bowl had broken into...it was a lot. So, I grabbed a bag of chips and store bought salsa and ran out the door.

Later that day, I had just put the kids down for a nap, finished cleaning up the salad mess and headed upstairs to take a little nap. I had just laid my head on the pillow when I heard a huge crash and shatter. I ran downstairs and in the hallway one of my black shelves had fallen off the wall along with 3 big picture frames. Again, GLASS EVERYWHERE. At that point I realized I was better off going back upstairs and finishing my nap. I did just that!

Needless to say, it was a very disastrous day.


3 comments:

Stephers said...

Poor thing. Sounds like a REALLY ROUGH DAY. We had a day of crying due to shots at the Dr!!!!! I said to Mike tonight "crazy days have to come, otherwise we would not appreciate the good ones"! Hang in there, hope tomorrow is filled with happy things.

AEllsworth said...

Seriously?! What the heck! I'm so sorry.... days like that can push me over the edge. I'm so glad you had the sense to sleep it off.

David and Dahlia Wright said...

Oh my! I am sorry. I hate when things just can't seem to go the right way. Well I hope it gets better. :) I am excited to see you guys for Mike's wedding in November!